It has been more than a month since my last post, where have I been? Well I spent a month researching, designing and making the costumes for a music video. I was in charge of all 20 costumes/looks for the video and as you can imagine I was swamped with work. After the prep work came 4 filming days which again were busy but lots and lots of fun. The morning after we finished filming I was off to Spain to enjoy a long weekend home, went to a Spanish wedding, to the beach, watched the latest Woody Allen film, 'Midnight in Paris' and fell in love with Paris in the cinema and with Barcelona outside of it. On my second day back to work in London I came across the above image and nostalgia for my Spanish roots took over me, I have a love hate relationship with the country I must admit but now that I am away I am going to focus on the side I love: the colours, the traditions and the haphazard dress sense of people and the architecture of cities which more often than not is very kitsch. These images capture some of these aspects and remind me of the Feria de Abril which I went to in Barcelona a few years ago as well as the beautiful South of Spain.




Images by karynsig

No comments:

Post a Comment